Look out for your invitation pack in the post. It will show you how to complete your census.
For more information visit: www.census.gov.uk
To see Census info in various languages like Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu etc amongst others; Click Here
All homes will be receiving a postcard/letter from the Office of National Statistics issuing an individual code for residents to input when they fill in the form online. If you have not received this you can contact the number below and request a code. Unfortunately, paper copies are not being sent out automatically unless they are being requested by the individual prior to this day.
We’ll need your help with the census, which gathers vital information every 10 years to help plan services such as transport, education and healthcare. Please help to promote locally within community groups and organisations to raise awareness. The data gained really is crucial for the local area but also down to individual groups for future planning, funding and resources.
You must complete the census by law.
NB: Your answers are protected by law and will be kept confidential.
A paper copy can be requested online, by phone or text message:
- Telephone free – 0800 141 2021
- Other languages – If you need to speak to them in another language, call the free language helpline on 0800 587 2021
- Text relay – Relay UK users dial 18001 followed by the phone number you need.
- Text message (SMS) – 86677
The freephone number has advisers available at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
- Saturday, 8am to 1pm
- Sunday, closed
- Census weekend (20 – 21 March), 8am to 8pm